Ioway Draft ExhibitView Fullscreen
Iowaville: Mapping Draft
Iowaville, an abandoned 1840s-era town site, has lent its name to the Ioway village that preceded it on the lower reaches of the Des Moines River near Ottumwa. The Ioways lived there between about 1770 and 1824. They hunted, trapped, farmed, and traded, and also defended themselves against other groups.
Settler Colonial Impact